Monday, November 10, 2014

Thing 1 Blogging

I have some experience with what a blog is, but have never got in the habit of blogging. As I've been scrolling through the list of resources in this first activity however, I am feeling motivated to try this with my Middle School students. I teach 3 classes every day, and one of them is an enrichment course called "Technology Enriched Literature". I think blogging would be an excellent addition to this course. Now it is just a matter of figuring out which service to use and how to set up a class blog...

I found the video "Shift Happens" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZg51Il9no) intriguing, and plan to show it to my Digital Literacy students this week as a wrap-up to our 10 week course. It's amazing how quickly information and technology is being created and utilized!

 so off I go to explore some more of the suggested resources!

3 comments:

  1. Love the name "technology enriched literature" - blogging fits in so well with that. Do share what else you're doing with that course! It sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the flexibility to do all kinds of projects, which makes the course so much fun. I will be using many of the tools I am learning about through Cool Tools with those students. Right now we are doing a digital storytelling unit using ZooBurst and soon moving into Animoto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing those ideas! Sounds like fun.

      Delete