Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thing 20 Final Learning Activity

FINAL LEARNING ACTIVITY

1: What did you learn?

I have used SO MUCH of what I learned through Cool Tools! I am fortunate to teach two pass/fail courses in which I have much freedom to try out  new things. My 6th graders love the variety of activities I offer them - all thanks to the new discoveries I make through this online course. Sometimes I have a list in my planbook for ideas to "check out later" because there are so many I am interested in!

I learned that I'm just not an RSS feed kind of girl... this is the second attempt I've made at subscribing to some feeds and I find myself usually deleting the digest e-mails I receive. I don't know why this sort of thing just does not appeal to me.

2: What’s next?

As mentioned above, I have a list of things I want to refer back to and try out with my classes in the future. Projects often take longer than I initially anticipate, so I have a "waiting list" of activities to try out - especially the Web 2.0 type of tools. I love that sort of thing!

I also have plans to share some of these cool tools with my administrators and colleagues. We have a great new system set up in our District that allows teachers to voluntarily lead workshops on our Superintendent Conference Days. Other teachers can then pick and choose which workshops appeal to them the most.  I've begun going through the "Cool Tools" to create PD sessions to offer to my colleagues.  I've already taught one which focused on eBook resources.

My other primary thought / concern is access to this course's materials - once the course ends, I am hoping I can still access theses "things" and lists of ideas. Please tell me this is so!

3: Did you like learning this way?

Yes, I really thrive on this style of learning. Not only can I access the course at my convenience, but there is so much flexibility in activity choices that there is really something that appeals to everyone. I love the great variety of tools I was exposed to, and am already looking forward to doing Track 3 next year :-)

3 comments:

  1. Terrific! Love, love, love that your district is having teacher led PD sessions. And great that you can use some of the CoolTools stuff to lead some sessions. Yes, the pages will remain up after the class, though they will likely get updated and rearranged. Even if there aren't links to the pages, the search box on the top of the main page will always find the pages. Thanks for all your great posts and participation this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you answer to #2 What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you answer to #2 What's next?

    ReplyDelete